America’s leader in herbal medicine.
If you’ve heard of Nature’s Way, or better yet, used our products, it’s not surprising. We have been America’s leader in herbal medicine for over 40 years. As the pre-eminent provider of health and healing through the power of nature, our commitment to quality reflects our commitment to you. In fact, it’s woven into the very story of our founding.
A family crisis and an herbal renaissance.
Nature’s Way originated from a circumstance we can all understand-a family’s desperate need to overcome a personal health crisis. Back in the late 1960s, Tom Murdock, the founder of what is now Nature’s Way, needed a solution to help his gravely ill wife. After trying conventional medicine without success, Tom and his wife turned to the traditional Native American knowledge of “medicinal plants” growing in the Arizona desert. As a result, she recovered and lived an additional 25 years.
Tom Murdock’s pioneering spirit did more than save a life-it led to the renaissance of herbal medicine in America. As word spread about his wife’s recovery, Tom set out to find other healthy treasures growing in the Arizona desert. By 1969, Tom and his family had eight new herbal remedies to share with others and thus began the legacy of Nature’s Way.
While it may seem hard to believe now, for many years herbal knowledge was a lost art in a country fueled by conventional, and often invasive, medical approaches. The founding of Nature’s Way reopened a door that had long been closed. Motivated by a passion to spread the power of natural healing, Tom and his family moved back home to the beautiful mountain valleys of Utah and almost single-handedly spurred the growth of what could be called the “Silicon Valley of Herbal Supplements.”
An industry pioneer in many ways.
- When you’ve been pioneering natural health for over 40 years, you develop an impressive list of “firsts” among major dietary supplement companies. Many of these innovations initiated by Nature’s Way have shaped how America thinks about natural medicine. Here are just a few: We have a state-of-the-art, pharmaceutically licensed, industry-recognized GMP manufacturing facility, and invested in it well before it became more common to do so.
- We were the first major supplement company to be certified as an organic food processor, an important distinction as we focus on being caretakers of our resources, as well as natural medicine providers.
- We were the first to bring clinically proven, European phytomedicines to the U.S. market that had long been recognized as effective, but were new to many in this country.
- We fund major third-party organizations to responsibly disseminate trustworthy health information and ensure quality in the field at large.
- We believe that health freedoms aren’t something to take for granted. As such, we champion and fund legislative efforts to guard our health.
Nature’s Way Today.
Today, our manufacturing capacities have expanded and we’re able to bring even more good things to you. As one of the most technologically advanced supplement manufacturers in the United States, we continue to push the boundaries forward on quality research, testing and introducing new ingredients. We offer over 500 premium nutritional and natural products, including single herbs and herbal extracts, homeopathic remedies, vitamins, minerals and specialty products.
After all, innovation, seeking the best in nature, and bringing “the world’s best” to the marketplace is our goal. Like our founder Tom Murdock, we’re still pioneering. There are many discoveries yet to be made in this amazing world. They may happen in a rainforest, a savannah, or like they did over 40 years ago, in a desert. When they are discovered, we’ll bring them to you.
It’s more than a business. We believe in giving back
Nature’s Way is grateful for our business success and we express it through a tradition of giving back. A few examples include:
Founding donor groups to protect the world’s rainforests, where the world’s next great herbal medicines may be discovered.
Donating vitamins to the poor in developing nations, where daily nutrients are in short supply.
Supporting self-reliance programs for the homeless to address physical needs and the dignity of each individual.
Contributing to research to find a cure for breast cancer and other diseases.
We mean it. We take it seriously. We strive to produce the very best and have worked hard to build trusting relationships with our retailers and with you. We know that millions of people rely on Nature’s Way products to enhance their health. We consider it a legacy of our history and a pledge to the future. That’s why you can turn to us again and again and “Trust the Leaf.”To know more about Nature’s Way, visit http://www.naturesway.com/